Saturday, December 18, 2010

Burrito Del Rio Taqueria

4.5/5

433 River Avenue

Previsit:

Again, I had been here before my most recent visit to this restaurant but it was worth it to go back again... and I'll go back again at some point.  The area that Burrito Del Rio (BDR) is in is perfect for the type of food they serve, coupled with the relaxed atmosphere of the place.  To give you an idea of the atmosphere, it's like a Mexican version of Subway - except way better.

The Service:

Again, this is not the type of restaurant that I can talk about the food service in the same way that I did about Chop or Buccaccino's, but I can say that the girls that work the counter have been friendly and efficient both times that I have been to BDR.

The menu is written on a chalk board above the counter where you choose all your fixings.  It's not the most organized thing in the world but you can figure it out (as long as you have your glasses on).  You can choose from tacos, burritos, fajitas, and even a 'burrito in a bowl'.  The burritos come in medium or large.  There is also a variety of meats to choose from (beef, pork, chicken) or you can opt to go vegetarian.  All of the meats are pulled and seasoned - but not too strongly.

Choices to make:
- black beans or refried beans?
- cheese?
- lettuce, tomatoes, peppers? (I may have forgotten something here)
- sour cream?
- salsa? mild, medium or spicy - you can add hot sauce to make it even spicier
- sides?  you can purchase chips or guacamole for an additional cost.
- drink?  this is a good idea.   they have a selection of Mexican beer as well as different types of pop, juice and water

I had the chicken burrito with black beans, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, spicy salsa + hot sauce with a side of guacamole.   I really like spicy food so I was not bothered by the heat but I would suggest that if you do not like heat, choose either the mild or medium salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment